What types of authors do you accept?
What do you look for in a submission?
Once you have reviewed this website and the FAQs—and if you believe you have a book like this inside you—you can submit your idea by going to the Submissions page and submitting a query letter. The format for this query is listed in the submission guidelines. You should be aware that the submissions are evaluated on the following criteria:
Writing style of query letter: We’re looking for personable, easy-to-read, but not simplistic writing styles Marketing platform: What is the size of your current audience and current marketing efforts? We’ll look at what you’re doing now online with social media and gauge what we think is your ability to market the book.
The demand for your area: We’ll look at market desire for right/left, mind/body, head/heart solutions to the problem you want to address.
How long should the manuscripts be?
For eBooks we look for around 20,000 words and for print books, ideally around 50,000 words, after editing—give or take 10,000. Word count must be based on final, edited manuscript including front and back matter.
Members of Your Delicious Book are assigned a professional editor as both a developmental editor and to do a final proofing. Manuscripts may also be independently edited by a third party but the final manuscript must be approved by your editor before final submission.
All the topics will be considered as long as the goal of the book is to make a difference. The easiest books for us to accept are those that address a problem that seems like it should be easy (e.g. to lose weight you need to eat less and exercise more), but that has surprising emotional challenges. We love books that marry advice for the head, heart, mind, and soul.
We target successful women 29 to 59. Your work can be relevant for other age demographics, but a longer explanation about your marketing plan will be required before a submission is accepted.
What kinds of authors are you looking for?
What’s most important is having an expertise and a following in the area about which you want to write. We are specifically interested in and have received proposals and inquiries from people who identify as:
- Life Coaches
- Wellness Coaches
- Yoga Teachers/ Studio Owners
- Social Workers
- Metaphysical Practitioners
- Personal Trainers
- Health Experts
Although we are open to other authors as well, the main factor here is the desire to make a difference with your book. Marketing potential is also a consideration so be sure to include details about your email lists, authority, experience, and credibility.
Equi-Publishing turns the unfair paradigm of getting a book published on its head. The author takes the risk by writing a book and entrusting usage of that book to Difference Press. Difference Press takes a risk by fronting the money and staff for publishing and marketing the book. Here’s how it works:
1) Join Your Delicious Book, sign the contract and create your manuscript. All Your Delicious Book authors are automatically accepted for publication by Difference Press. (You do not NEED to publish with us however.)
2) Once your final manuscript is approved by your editor and you, Difference Press will begin administration of publishing including:
- Cover design (front/back and spine)
- Interior design and layout
- Image preparation (resolution and reproduction quality)
- Search optimization of back cover copy & other metadata
- Copyediting, proofreading, indexing suggestions
- Assigning an ISBN / barcodes
- Library of Congress & copyright registration
- eCommerce setup including custom book website for print books
- Fulfillment/shipping of orders
3) The book is released with a cohort of other books. All authors in the cohort agree to buy and review all books in the cohort and to promote the launch of all book titles to their email list and in social media