Daughters on Duty: A Caregiver’s Guide to Managing Medical Matters
$14.95 (as of December 13, 2018, 4:56 am)
Daughters on Duty is one caregiver’s shared experiences and lessons learned whilst shepherding her own elder loved ones — first her in-laws and later her mother — through a couple of medical crises involving emergency room visits, hospital admissions and discharges, medication management, and working within “the system.”
She discusses considerations in choosing the options for ongoing care after a hospital stay, and handling that threshold when “home alone” is no longer a protected place for your elderly charge. The information presented is useful guidance on who to talk to, what to watch out for, and how one can maintain yourself whilst giving the priceless gift of loving care.
Reader’s will discover:
- The right questions to ask so you’ll be able to evaluate a crisis call from an aging loved one and know when to call 911.
- The value of staying calm in a medical emergency and how this benefits your loved one when they are ill.
- The proper legal documents and authorizations that will let you manage your loved ones medical care with confidence and understanding of your loved ones wishes.
- How to prevent medication mistakes and discover easy how one can keep an accurate list of prescriptions before and after a hospital stay.
- The importance of supporting yourself as the caregiver with time out for self care and other family life.
- Multiple resources of outdoor help to keep your elder in their home so long as they are able.
- And much, a lot more!