Now is the time for women of color to step into their distinct power and be the transformative force for good at work.
With the emergence of the #MeToo, #TimesUp, and #BlackLivesMatter movements, in addition to the election of essentially the most diverse and female Congress in history, The usa is experiencing a referendum on what power and leadership looks like. Women of color are the answer to that referendum and uniquely located to assume powerful roles within the country.
But first, we need to be honest about the misogyny and racism that women of color experience at work and in their lives. In Twice as Good, Dr. Mary J. Wardell, an expert on diversity within the place of work and women of color in leadership, writes a stirring call-to-action for women of color who are able to step into their power. Twice as Good will show you:
- Why your work community needs you to be the courageous leader
- The truth about why others fail to recognize the leadership capacity of women of color
- Ways to bring your passion and point of view into work to advance your leadership
- Stories from women of color who successfully aligned their personal power and cultural identity into their leadership
- Practices for taking the important steps to becoming a leader
Twice Is Good is your guide to harness the power to lead across all areas of work life, take a stand on issues that matter to you, and leverage your distinctive capacity for building inclusivity and community now.