Untame Yourself is about bringing women home to themselves in a grounded, practical and inspirational way centered around the belief that, “Everything you’ve ever needed has always been inside of you.” It’s about getting out of your head and into your body, creating better boundaries and using discernment. I write about not only relating to yourself in a more loving, peaceful and powerful way, but learning to communicate with others from a place of compassion with an open heart for more positive outcomes, greater intimacy, and deeper connection. Finally, the book also teaches you how to balance, integrate and harness the often unknown or misunderstood gifts in both your masculine and feminine energies.
After being a personal trainer for years and teaching women how to work out, I realized the importance in my own life and that of clients of working in. That inspired me to create Wild Soul Movement in 2013. From there through my blog, a Facebook group with 3500+ members, YouTube videos, free online challenges, paid programs, courses, coaching, and a podcast, I became intimately familiar with the struggles of 21st century women.
Some of those struggles include:
- lack of trust, a need to control everything, and exerting an exhausting amount of force, effort and energy to make things happen all the time.
- body images issues ranging from never feeling comfortable in your skin to intense eating disorders and chronic self-loathing.
- terrible boundaries, incessant people pleasing, putting yourself last and the stress, resentment, low energy and even illness that comes with it.
- highly unsatisfactory relationships in all categories, romantic, family, professional, and friendships.
- shame, low-self-esteem and harboring secrets, or emotions you don’t feel safe to share with anyone—for fear of being judged, abandoned or labeled as “crazy”, “bitchy”, “high maintenance” or “needy.”
We live in an odd time. Western women, especially, have every right and capability of western men and that’s confusing. We’ve been cultured and conditioned to behave, basically, like lovelier versions of men—which often leaves us burned out, resentful, stressed to the max, and sometimes, in identity crises, totally disconnected from our bodies, our souls, and the truth of of who we really are.
Untame Yourself is the guidebook I wish I’d had several years ago when I began the process of awakening to who I really am and developing a personal relationship with my own femininity. I’ve filled its pages with practices, tools, advice and stories to help you have an easier, more graceful experience than I did. I also aim to save you the time of figuring much of it out as you go as I did, too.