CEOs: If you are the bottleneck at your company, this book is for you!
Maybe you've thought, "Even if I could work 24 hours a day every day for months, I'd never catch up," or "If I could only clone myself--it would be so much better. No one else can do what I do." You find yourself missing deadlines, or worse, unable to respond to new customers, and opportunities are slipping through your fingers. If only sleep were optional! From the outside, everything seems to be going well, but you feel like you're struggling as a leader and need more help. Sleep is NOT optional and just working more hours won't take your company to the next level.
Tandem Leadership illustrates these problems and how to solve them through the fictional character of Marcus Kinsey, a newly minted entrepreneur of a fast-growing company. Like many entrepreneurs, Marcus sees an opportunity and creates his own company to seize upon that opportunity. But he doesn't get far before he realizes that his vision and hard work alone won't make his company a success nor give him the life he wants as an owner. Marcus learns about the Tandem Leadership process and begins to carefully craft the business and personal life he had always hoped to achieve.
The "second-in-command" or #2 position, often underrated, is a cornerstone of a company's growth and success. Understanding how to add this key element to your company successfully increases the odds of making the transition from a solopreneur to a true CEO.
In this book you'll learn:
- How trying to "do it all" is the quickest way to slow your growth.
- Why it's critical to know which skills and talents your company needs from you.
- When it's time to bring a true second-in-command onto your team.
- Why your second-in-command should be a complement to your talents and skills--not your clone or your opposite.
- How a successful CEO and COO can work together to drive value and success for your company.
You’ve built a successful business – what’s next?
In the beginning, our focus is on starting and growing our business. For many of us, the thrill of overcoming the challenges and hitting those curve balls out of the park become just as important as achieving our goals. And then one day – everything is different. As Bo Burlingham, says in his book, Finish Big, “sooner or later, all entrepreneurs leave their businesses, and all businesses are sold, given away, or liquidated.”
In Changing Lanes, Gina Catalano, shows us how to ready your business (and you) for the next step – preparing to sell or transition to the next generation of leaders. As she did in her first book, Tandem Leadership – How your #2 can make you #1, Catalano illustrates her story with the fictional character, Sara Berry, the seasoned owner of a successful company who is at a crossroads in her business and her life. Understanding her vision and learning what it will take to get there, Sara eventually is able to achieve her dreams for herself, her family, and her business.
This book is for you if you:
- Want to learn how to spend less time working in your business
- You have a business that you may want to sell someday
- Would like to learn what makes a business attractive to potential buyers
- Are ready to create the life you’ve worked for
- Plan to transition your business to the next generation
Whether you want to sell your business soon or are just know that you could, Changing Lanes will give you the tools and confidence to make this a reality.
After all, isn’t that what you’ve worked for?