The Message in the Bottle
Everything would be perfect if I could just get them to stop drinking!
Is the drinker in your life making you crazy? Do you find that your thoughts and free time are taken up with ideas and plans to fix things so they won’t want to drink? Do you feel like you can’t talk with anyone about what’s really going on, because they won’t get it or because you can’t believe the situation you’re in?
Stephanie McAuliffe shares her journey of growing up in a family where cocktails started by 5. She tells about her marriages to two alcoholics, and shows how she navigated life being surrounded by alcohol and alcoholics. This is also the story of how she broke an unhealthy family cycle that went back at least four generations.
This book is full of stories of survival, and it’s packed with support for helping you find peace amidst the chaos.
The Message in the Bottle and its message will:
- Reassure you that you’re not alone in your thoughts.
- Help you understand how we get pulled into their craziness.
- Show you that we do what we do because of what we’re afraid will happen if we don’t.
- Support you in gaining control and getting out of the spin cycle.
- Encourage you to find time to focus on yourself.